COVID Emergency Rental Assistance

If you are a renter and could use help with your rent and/or utilities, please visit to learn more about the COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) Program run through the Michigan State Housing Development Authority.  This website will give you information on who is eligible, how to apply and all the program details.  Don’t miss out on this valuable resource to help with your housing costs.

CERA Income Limits

How to Apply for Utility Assistance

Regarding CERA, as a rental customer you can get additional information here: .  The program provides assistance to pay electric, water, sewer and in some cases trash bills for renters.

Additional Emergency Relief: Home, Utilities & Burial through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. Immediate help may be available if you are facing conditions of extreme hardship or emergencies threatening your health and safety. State Emergency Relief and the Weatherization Assistance Program combine financial assistance and contracts with a network of nonprofit organizations to help low-income households.

Michigan Low Income Emergency Assistance (LIHEAP) Low-income households who meet all State Emergency Relief (SER) eligibility requirements may receive assistance to help them with household heat and electric costs. LIHEAP funds are also used for the Home Heating Credit (HHC), administered through the Michigan Department of Treasury and the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).