Boards & Committees

The City of Charlevoix has several Boards and Committees which citizens can become involved with. Come join your neighbors in making a difference in Charlevoix! Fill out an application and return it to the City Clerk's office or email it to the City Clerk. The Clerk will keep your application on file and submit it to Mayor/City Council for their consideration when a position becomes available. Open positions will be posted in the newspaper, on the City's website and social media. Review the Volunteer Board and Committee Appointment Policy (PDF)

For Board Portal, please Click here. 


Volunteer Opens in new window

The City of Charlevoix is seeking dedicated volunteers to fill these committee memberships: 

  • Compensation Commission – 5-year term; biennial meeting odd years
  • Zoning Board of Appeals (Alternate) – 3-year term; as-needed
  • Shade Tree & Park Commission – 3-year term; monthly meetings 
  • Recreation Advisory Committee—3 year-term; quarterly meetings 
  • Planning Commission—3 year-term; monthly meetings
  • Housing Commission—5 year-term; monthly meetings 

More Information

The City Manager or Clerk can answer any questions you have regarding membership. Click here for the Boards and Committees Index.