The Skate Park is now Closed for the Season.
Charlevoix maintains and operates a family-friendly community skate park. It is open to skateboarders, BMX riders, inline skaters and scooters.
There is no fee to use the park, however donations are welcomed. Rules are posted at the Park. Helmets are required. Children 10 and younger must be supervised by a parent.
The dream of an area skate park was a student-led project beginning with a simple letter to the editor in 2003. Interest swelled to include participants from elementary through college students and older. Residents embraced the idea of a local park. A student advisory board championed the completion of the Park in 2006.
The skate park is located at 401 West Carpenter Ave. All hours are weather permitting.
CHARLEVOIX COMMUNITY SKATEPARK | Est. 2006
“Respect Earns Respect”
Skateboards, Inline Skates, Scooters and BMX allowed. No motorized
boards, longboards or “heelys”.
Skate at your own risk
The City of Charlevoix is not responsible for damages.
• The Charlevoix Community Skatepark is an advanced park. Know your ability!
• Skaters 10 and under are required to have adult supervision.
• Helmets are required at ALL times!
• Look before you go. Call your drop ins. Wait your turn, always be respectful and fair.
• The following items and activities are strictly prohibited: Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, and controlled substances.
• Please keep the park clean and dispose of trash in trash bins.
• No tagging or graffiti
• No glass containers
• No gum
• BMX: Covered pegs only
• No outside obstacles or modification to the park allowed.
• No skating or riding in adjacent parking areas.
• Please report any damage, safety issues or maintenance issues to the Recreation Department at 231.547.3253
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY or INJURY CALL 911.
Address 401 West Carpenter