The mission of the City Clerk's Office is to be a steward and protector of democratic processes such as elections and access to official records, and to meet regulatory requirements as established by law. The Clerk is the primary point of contact for the public and strives to provide the highest quality of service to the community by supporting the values and goals of the City Council. The City Clerk is appointed by the City Council and works together with both the City Manager and Council to serve the citizens of the City of Charlevoix.
- Custodian of the City Seal along with all documents and records pertaining to the City including City Code Book, City Charter, resolutions, oaths and ordinances
- Records and transcribes for all City Council meetings
- Maintains records for City boards and committees such as Planning Commission, Downtown Development Authority and Zoning Board of Appeals and many more
- Administers all Federal, State and Local Elections
- Maintains records of all registered voters
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Coordinator, providing access to public records
- Publishes and posts legal notices
- Issues permits and licenses
- Cemetery administration for Brookside and St. Mary's Cemeteries
- Notary Public
You can contact our office if you have any questions or need information. We are always happy to assist!